Card Game – Patience (Europe) / Solitaire (US)
Card Game – Patience (Europe)/Solitaire (US)
The aim of patience is to make four piles of cards, one for each suit, sorted into order by the numbers on the cards.
- Shuffle the pack and mix the cards up
- Place seven cards face-down in a line, next to each other
- Turn up the card on the left
- Place six cards on top of the six that are already face down
- Turn up the left card of the second row
- Repeat this until you only put one card down, and turn this up
- Place the deck to one side
How to play
- Place any aces in the bottom row into one of four foundation piles above the rows.
- Turn over the top card of the deck.
- Attempt to place the card in an appropriate spot.
- Cards must switch between red and black.
- Cards must be in order (K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, A).
- The goal is to move all cards into the foundation piles.
- Foundation piles must all be the same suit (spades, clubs, hearts, diamonds).
- Foundation piles must be in order (A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K).
- You can move an appropriate card to the foundation piles at any time.