26 Banned Items You Cannot Take On A Cruise Ship
Cruise lines have specific rules and regulations regarding what passengers are allowed to bring on board. Some items are considered hazardous or disruptive and are therefore prohibited. But here is the perfect beach bag to carry those things you can take on board! Take a look at Carnival’s list of prohibited items:
- Any illegal narcotics/drugs including synthetic, designer drugs, Cannabidiol (CBD) and medical marijuana. While certain CBD products used for medicinal purposes may be legal in the US, they are not legal in all the ports we visit and therefore are also considered prohibited items.
- All weapons and any item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon: firearms (including replicas, imitations and their components), spears or spear guns, crossbows, crossbow bolts and long bow arrows; blunt weapons, including knuckle dusters, brass knuckles, clubs, coshes, batons, flails or Nunchaku; sharp pointed weapons, including throwing stars; air, BB, pellet pistols or rifles, stun devices and tasers, any projectile-weapon, including paintball guns, etc.
- All items containing incapacitating substances, such as gas guns, tear gas sprays, mace, phosphorus, acid and other dangerous chemicals that could be used to maim or disable
- All ammunition
- All explosives, including imitation explosives and devices
- Fireworks, flares, pyrotechnics
- Flammable substances and hazardous chemicals (e.g., petrol, methylated spirits, paint thinners)
- Compressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and aerosol cans (Refer to Exemptions)
- Alcohol (hard liquor) and beer
- Wine or champagne beyond the allowable limit of one 750 ml bottle per adult (21 years of age or older)
- Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 12 ounces each)
- Electrical and household appliances containing any kind of heating element, such as irons, clothes steamers, immersion heaters, heating blankets, water heaters, coffee machines, hot plates, toasters, heating pads, humidifier, etc. (All Carnival ships provide facilities with ironing boards and irons; fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)
- Knives, scissors and open razors. (Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Large scissors used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department but are held on board in the same manner as dive knives.)
- Handcuffs or other restraining devices
- Self-balancing hover boards and air wheels
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), communication scanners, wideband receivers, satellite phones, transformers, lasers and laser pointers.
- Satellite disk, routers and other internet related equipment
- Boom boxes/large radios
- Candles and incense
- Helium filled balloons
- Inflatable kiddie pool
- Any footwear with wheels, such as, Heely’s type shoes
- Surfboards, boats and canoes
- Fish of any kind; if fish are caught during an excursion, they must be shipped home
Items for Port Use Only
The following items may be brought on board, but can be used off the ship, while in port only. All items must be stored in the guest’s stateroom.
- Drone(s) are allowed, but must be held in the custody of the Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for PORT USE ONLY.
- Snorkel gear
- Golf clubs
- Fishing rods
- Tennis rackets
- Roller blades or skates
- Metal detectors
- Beach chair
- Beach Tent
- Boogie Boards (maximum 42 inches in length)
- Portable Folding Bicycles (maximum 20 inch tires)
- Floatation devices: For the comfort of all our guests, rafts, tubes and floatation devices other than those used as life preservers (water wings) cannot be used in the swimming pools on board
- Collapsible wagons - For the safety of our guests, the wagon cannot be rolled onto/off the ship during embarkation and debarkation and cannot be rolled off/onto the ship while in port
- Our gorgeous large, lined (with leather sewn handles) BEACH BAG is the perfect bag to carry all your necessary items.