17 Things For You to Bring on a Cruise that Will Save You Money!
Yay, cruising is the most thrilling and exciting way to explore the world, and guess what? There are so many amazing ways to save money while still having the time of your life! Get ready to embark on your next adventure and check out these 17 amazing tips to help you save money on your next cruise:
- Book Early: Book your cruise well in advance to score amazing discounts and special offers. And if the fares drop, contact the cruise line to get the cheaper price - win-win!
- Cabin Choice: Consider choosing a cabin on a lower deck or with an obstructed view to save some money. Besides, if you're visiting a hot and sunny destination, you'll most likely be out and about exploring anyway, so the cabin's view might not be a big deal.
- Cruise Lanyard: Don't waste money on a lanyard from the ship - bring your own and save some money! You'll have the perfect accessory to keep your keycard handy, and your hands free! You could even punch a hole on the card and attach it directly to the lanyard without using the waterproof holder if you prefer.
- Research Excursions: Research and book your own excursions at ports of call instead of booking expensive ones through the cruise line. Just be careful to make sure you're back on the ship on time! (However, a word of caution, if you book through the cruise line you will always be guaranteed a safe and timely return, so you don’t miss the ship.
- Use Onboard Credit: Make the most of onboard credit. Many cruise lines offer onboard credit as part of their packages, which can be used towards purchases on the ship.
- Specialty Restaurants: Save some money and skip the pricey specialty restaurants. While specialty restaurants on board can be delicious, they can also be expensive. Instead, stick to the included dining options.
- Spa Services: Relax in the sauna or steam room instead of splurging on spa services. You'll feel rejuvenated and save money at the same time.
- Double Gratuity: If you go to the spa, ask if the gratuity is already on your tab. Avoid paying two gratuities.
- Cruise Line Loyalty Programs: If you're a frequent cruiser, sign up for loyalty programs to enjoy discounts and special perks on future cruises.
- Shop smart: If you plan on purchasing souvenirs or other items on board, wait until the last day of the cruise when prices are often discounted. (However, you run the risk of something not being available that late in the game. You’ll need to decide whether or not to play this game.)
- Take Advantage of Free Entertainment: Many cruise lines offer a variety of free entertainment options on board, such as live shows, movies, and game nights. Take advantage of these offerings instead of paying for expensive activities.
- Reusable Water Bottle: Bring a refillable water bottle to save money on bottled water throughout your trip. Most cruise ships have water stations where you can fill up for free!
- Power Strip: Bring a power strip with multiple outlets so you can charge all of your devices at once. This will save you from having to buy expensive charging adapters or pay for charging stations.
- Medications: Don't forget to pack any necessary medications to avoid having to pay for overpriced medications on the ship or at ports of call. Don't forget to pack motion sickness remedies like ginger pills or sea bands to avoid having to pay for expensive medication on the ship.
- Sunscreen: Bringing your own sunscreen will save you from having to purchase expensive sunscreen on the ship or at ports of call.
- Portable Fan: A portable fan can save you from uncomfortable heat. Avoid having to buy one in a port of call.
- Laundry Detergent: If you plan on doing laundry on the ship, bringing your own detergent will save you from having to purchase it on board.
Remember, saving money on a cruise doesn't mean sacrificing fun or relaxation! With these tips and a little bit of planning, you can enjoy all the excitement and luxury of a cruise without breaking the bank.
Get ready to set sail on your next adventure and make amazing memories without worrying about your budget. Happy sailing!